healthy vitamix recipes
“How do I make a green smoothie and are green smoothies really that good for me?” These and other FAQs answered below.
EASY GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Servings: 1 serving
1 cup fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup frozen pineapple
Add coconut milk and spinach to blender. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
Add frozen pineapple and blend again, until smooth.
Are Smoothies healthy?
- Smoothies can support digestive health, sweep toxins through the digestive tract and aid regular elimination
- Satisfy hunger and sustain energy over time
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Smoothies retain all of the fibre of the greens and fruit, rather than removing it. In nature, vegetables and fruit are found with both their fibre and juice intact and we can’t improve on nature.
- Fibre is important for ongoing cleansing by sweeping out toxins on a regular basis.
- So, smoothies can help keep our digestive tract and body clean as well as keeping us more full
HEALTHY VITAMIX RECIPE – SMOOTHIE
Blend in Vitamix blender the following.
One small cup coconut yoghurt or regular full fat plan unsweetened yoghurt
Add handful of berries of choice
Add coconut water
Add chopped peeled small cucumber
Add tablepoon maple syrup
Add half small ripe avocado — see * how to ripen avocados
Blend in vitamix and enjoy.
How to Ripen Avocados
Place in a fruit bowl as fruit ripens efficiently next to other fruit.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Healthy choices like smoothies at one point in the day don’t cancel out less healthy choices other times in the day. So, the idea is that they replace these foods or leave less room in the diet for them. Blending fruit releases the natural sugars from within the cell walls so they’re “free sugars”. Free sugars include any added sugars and the kind we should all be cutting down on to protect our teeth and help maintain a healthy weight .
Are there any health risks to using greens in smoothies? Read here.
Including fruit and veg in our diets throughout the day means there is more chance of that happening.
It can be terribly hard to fit all this into our hectic city lifestyles.
Healthy vitamix Recipes – SOUP
2+ cups water
2 white onions
2 cloves garlic
1 head cauliflower
2 cups mushrooms – button and portabella mix
1/4 cup pecans + 1/4 cup cashews
Himalayan salt & ground black pepper to taste
Makes two large servings.
Boil the water and steam the vegetbles. Add to vitamix blender along with the nuts and blend. Add seasoning to taste.