TIRED ALL THE TIME
Tired all the time
When we’re tired all the time it isn’t normal. Low energy levels and weight gain often come together. Hormones put us to sleep at night and wake us up in the morning. Hormones burn fat. They fight stress, prevent fatigue, calm anxiety and relieve depression.
Being tired all the time & fatigue aren’t the same. It’s not normal when we can’t sleep. It’s also not normal to feel tired all the time.
We’re not waking up refreshed and it’s not acceptable. Our modern lifestyles are demanding more of us. We owe it to our bodies and our minds to find out why and how we can help. When we’re low on energy throughout our day we’re not performing or functioning optimally… and it’s a problem.
Competitive tiredness is not a sign of strength. It’s a sign of weakness. Functional nutrition at Susannah Makram Clinics capitalises on trends in our health. This pushes us towards our optimal health.
Unexplained tiredness should be properly identified by its cause or causes. It’s not always straightforward. Instances of temporary sleepiness usually have an identifiable cause and a likely remedy. Quality of sleep is as – if not more – important than quantity.
Fatigue – however – isn’t the same thing as sleepiness. It is, however, often accompanied by a desire to sleep — and a lack of motivation to do anything else.
Unexplained tiredness or looking for the cause of fatigue is typically multifactorial. Factors fall into categories of lifestyle; medical condition; psychological conditions.
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a complicated disorder. It’s characterised by extreme fatigue that can’t be explained by any underlying medical condition. The fatigue may worsen with physical or mental activity, but doesn’t improve with rest.
The cause of chronic fatigue syndrome is unknown, although there are many theories — ranging from viral infections to psychological stress. Some experts believe chronic fatigue syndrome might be triggered by a combination of factors.
Scientists don’t know exactly what causes chronic fatigue syndrome. It may be a combination of factors that affect people who were born with a predisposition for the disorder.
SOME OF THE FACTORS THAT HAVE BEEN STUDIED INCLUDE:
– Viral infections
– Immune System Problems
– Hormonal Imbalance
There’s no single test to confirm a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. You may need a variety of medical tests to rule out other health problems that have similar symptoms.
FUNCTIONAL APPROACH: CARE & NUTRITION FOR FATIGUE
It’s important we understand how we got to this place in our health story.
- The exposome is a term coined by Dr. Christopher Wild in 2005, and it encompasses the sum total of all of our non-genetic exposures that we experience from the moment of conception to the end our life.
Those pivotal exposures are picked up right from the start by Susannah at consultation.
- Your internal environment, which would be your microbiome and your hormones and metabolic health, inflammation, oxidative damage etc. are revealed and if Susannah suspects an imbalance is causing your chronic fatigue, the appropriate means to confirm this diagnosis to treat it is taken
- Underlying processes that lead to dysfunction are screened for. These might include SIBO nutrient deficiency, hormone imbalance, chronic infections – they are not diseases, per se, but they are mechanisms that lead to disease.
- Then there are the diseases that might be causing symptoms of chronic fatigue. The kind of ultimate manifestation of the above will be how you experience these mechanisms and diseases on a daily basis: abdominal pain, fatigue, skin rashes etc. Diseases such as Hashimoto’s or type 2 diabetes or Lyme Disease are being screened for as well throughout the consultation process
STEP TWO – Your Functional Nutrition Portfolio Treatment for unexplained tiredness.
Functional nutrition is a powerful tool to help reverse unexplained tiredness.
This improves gut function so:
- Energy is delivered to where it is needed by the body
- Energy is steadily used during the day & for better sleep at night
- The mechanisms of dysfunction e.g. unexplained tiredness is directly targeted to switch on your body’s inherent healing mechanisms
- DNA damage reversal will instantly improve your sense of awakens or alertness, your mental and physical focus and health on a cellular level that is found from memory and that can be tapped into more readily once it is found. Apply for your E-book for Chronic Fatigue here
What if unexplained tiredness was explained. What would YOU do if you got your ENERGY back?
Social Science & Medicine, Volume 18, Issue 9, 1984, Pages 757-766
Linda C. Koo (http://www.altmedrev.com/publications/5/2/93.pdf)
Howard JM, Davies S, Hunnisett A. Magnesium and chronic fatigue syndrome. Letter. Lancet 1992;340:426.
Ellis FR, Nasser S. A pilot study of vitamin B12 in the treatment of tiredness. Br J Nutr 1973;30:277-283.
Warren G, McKendrick M, Peet M. The role of essential fatty acids in chronic fatigue syndrome.
A case-controlled study of red-cell membrane essential fatty acids (EFA) and a placebo controlled treatment study with high dose of EFA. Acta Neurol Scand 1999;99:112-116.